We appreciate all donations to continue the dynamic work of Teen HYPE!
Teen hype is a registered 501(c) 3 tax-exempt organization.
We follow the highest ethical standards of accountability and stewardship and do our best to create maximum impact with your donations. Teen HYPE does not discriminate based on age, political affiliation, race, national origin, ethnicity, gender identity, physical or mental ability, sexual orientation, or religious belief.
We engage an independent accounting firm to conduct annual audits to ensure we employ the best financial practices as a nonprofit.
WAYS TO GIVE
We appreciate one-time, monthly, annual, and recurring monetary donations from people like you that support our mission to prepare Detroit’s youth to live healthy, positive, successful lives! Ready to donate to Teen HYPE? Make your donation here.
In-Kind & Other support:
- Volunteer with HYPE
- Impact our Wish List
- Launch a crowdfunding campaign to raise funds for our Peer Education program from your family, friends, and community.
- Support us on social media and invite your friends and followers to like, share and comment on our posts.
For additional information on how you can support teen Hype
For additional information about how your business or organization can support our mission, please contact Dorothy “Dee” Smith, Senior Manager of Development, at (313) 831-8336 or email@example.com.
Many corporations have matching gift programs that will match your donation to an accredited charitable organization. It is an easy way to double or even TRIPLE the impact of your personal contribution to Teen HYPE.
Ask your employer if they have a charitable donation matching program in place.
Corporations & Organizations
Corporate and organizational support is needed to help take our innovative health choices, leadership, and theater skills development programs for Detroit youth to new heights. Teen HYPE offers many opportunities to direct your organization’s community-minded objectives into meaningful partnerships that prepare teens to be ‘ready for the world’.
- Engaging and impactful Sponsorship Opportunities
- Volunteer to serve on our Community Promise Coalition
For additional information
For additional information about how your business or organization can have an impact with Teen HYPE contact our Senior Manager of Development Dorothy “Dee” Smith, at (313) 831-8336 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Planned Giving & Legacy Gifts
If you value Teen HYPE’s work in fostering a movement to build the next generation of our region’s leaders, please consider leaving a gift to Teen HYPE in your will as a wonderful way to carry your legacy forward!
What are the benefits of giving a planned or legacy gift?
- Planned gifts offer you the opportunity to support Teen HYPE in a more substantial, perhaps, than you were able to during your lifetime.
- Planned gifts offer substantial tax savings especially on appreciated properties and securities. A planned gift can also reduce income tax and avoid capital gains.
- Probate is an expensive and arduous process: giving a planned gift allows part of your estate to avoid probate.
There are planned gift options for everyone!
Contact your broker, accountant, or attorney to learn more about the best option for your Legacy Gift.
Gifts of Stock
There are many benefits to giving a gift of securities (or stock) as an alternative to a cash contribution. By contributing appreciated securities to Teen HYPE, you make an important community contribution while gaining valuable tax advantages. If you have owned securities for a year and a day, your contribution can offer the following benefits:
- Eliminate Capital Gains Tax: By donating your appreciated securities, you avoid the capital gains tax you would owe if you sold the securities yourself.
- Enjoy a Timely Tax Break: In December, when tax breaks and timing are critical, securities can be deducted on the date you transfer them.
- Claim the Market Value: By claiming the market value (versus the cost basis) of the securities, you enjoy a charitable contribution tax deduction equal to the average of the highest and lowest quoted sales price on the day you make the gift.
How do you give gifts of stock?
Securities can be gifted to Teen HYPE in two ways – electronic transfer or physical transfer. We accept both methods, however the transfer must be initiated by your stock broker regardless of the method chosen.
You can electronically transfer shares of your stock to Teen HYPE through your stock broker.
You can physically mail the paper certificates for your stocks to Teen HYPE
If you have any questions about gifting stock to Teen HYPE please contact our Senior Manager of Development at (313) 831-8336 or Dorothyhk@teenhype.org.